Location: Montreal, Quebec (Canada)
Hours: 40 per week
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits
About the role
Reports to: ISSB Vice-Chair
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to provide high-quality and proactive administrative support to the International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB) Vice-Chair.
- Act as the primary point of contact for requests for the ISSB Vice-Chair from both internal staff (eg other support staff, senior management and IFRS Foundation Trustees) and external stakeholders (eg officials from government, senior figures from regulatory, accounting and other international bodies), including:
- fielding calls and correspondence;
- accurately relaying messages;
- responding to queries and requests appropriately; and
- working with other departments to coordinate and document speaking engagements.
- Provide administrative support to the ISSB Vice-Chair (and other staff as required), including:
- extensive, complex diary management across multiple time zones;
- scheduling a range of meetings and events, often with multiple internal and external participants internationally, requiring regular liaison with internal and external counterparts to co-ordinate availability;
- managing meeting/event logistics, including meeting technology access, organising venues/meeting rooms, drafting agendas and compiling and distributing meeting materials;
- managing incoming emails, post and correspondence and drafting appropriate responses;
- compiling, producing and circulating documents and managing files/records in line with the Foundation’s IT policies and procedures; and
- processing expenses and credit card reconciliations.
- Manage extensive, detailed and frequently changing national and international travel arrangements, including:
- itinerary planning;
- booking transport and accommodation, applying the Foundation’s travel policy; and
- securing visas and other travel documentation.
- Assist the Vice-Chair in coordinating and preparing for external engagements and speaking events:
- assist with the preparation and production of reports, presentations and other materials for internal and external use;
- undertake research, analysis and project work on a range of issues; and
- take minutes and notes of meetings for internal information, circulating and following up on action plans where needed.
- Support other administrative staff with tasks and projects and tasks as required.
Required skills and experience
- Previous experience of supporting a senior-level executive in an international environment and managing complex and frequently changing travel and meeting arrangements across time zones is essential.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills, combined with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work collegially with others and effectively engage with staff and stakeholders at all levels, both in-person and remotely.
- High level of autonomy and resourcefulness and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work flexibly, remain composed under pressure, respond to changes and conflicting demands constructively and prioritise work appropriately.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills; ability to draft clear, succinct and appropriate correspondence and documents.
- High level of integrity and professionalism; ability to handle confidential or sensitive matters with discretion and to exercise judgement to determine the appropriate course of action, referral or response.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
Preferred skills and experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Bilingual in French and English.
Please send a detailed CV/résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information or your application may not be considered:
- the job title/position you are interested in and the location of the job (in the subject line of your email); and
- covering email/letter detailing how you meet the specified role requirements and your salary expectations.
Closing date: Ongoing
Interviews are held via video conference as part of our standard international recruitment process.
Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.