Thursday 20 and Friday 21 June 2019, Grange Tower Bridge Hotel, London
The IFRS Foundation’s annual conference will be held at the Grange Tower Bridge Hotel in London on Thursday 20 and Friday 21 June 2019. The conference will provide an excellent opportunity for you to get ahead and hear first-hand what the International Accounting Standards Board is considering after completing its major projects.
This conference will bring together the International Accounting Standards Board members and technical staff with other leaders in financial reporting from the private sector and regulatory bodies, as well as accounting professionals and those with an interest in IFRS Standards.
IASB presenters include Hans Hoogervorst (Chair), Sue Lloyd (Vice-Chair), Board members Nick Anderson, Martin Edelmann, Françoise Flores, Amaro Gomes, Gary Kabureck, Takatsugu Ochi, and Mary Tokar well as a number of the Board’s senior technical staff. They will be joined by other IFRS experts from around the world.
20 June 2019
The conference will be divided into three kinds of sessions: plenary sessions to discuss our current areas of focus; preconference workshops and breakout sessions to provide an opportunity for you to focus on your interests.
- Investor-focused workshop and update on IFRS Standards
- Implementing IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts
- Financial instruments—what next?
- IASB update
- Better Communication—what the Board is doing to improve communication in Financial Reporting
- Electronic reporting—why everyone should care about the IFRS Taxonomy
- Getting the best from IFRS 9 Financial Instruments and IFRS 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers
- Project update: Business Combinations under Common Control
- Project update: Goodwill and Impairment
- Project update: Management Commentary
- Implementation and application of the IFRS Standards—an update on hot topics being discussed by the IFRS Interpretations Committee.
See the conference programme for more information.