Thursday 20 and Friday 21 June 2019, Leonardo Royal Hotel, London Tower Bridge (formerly Grange Tower Bridge Hotel)
The IFRS Foundation’s annual conference will be held at the Leonardo Royal Hotel London Tower Bridge on Thursday 20 and Friday 21 June 2019. The conference will provide an excellent opportunity for you to get ahead and hear first-hand what the International Accounting Standards Board is considering after completing its major projects.
This conference will bring together the International Accounting Standards Board members and technical staff with other leaders in financial reporting from the private sector and regulatory bodies, as well as accounting professionals and those with an interest in IFRS Standards.
IASB presenters include Hans Hoogervorst (Chair), Sue Lloyd (Vice-Chair), Board members Nick Anderson, Martin Edelmann, Françoise Flores, Gary Kabureck, Takatsugu Ochi, and Mary Tokar well as a number of the Board’s senior technical staff. They will be joined by other IFRS experts from around the world.
Live streaming package
We have selected sessions for live broadcast that will be of particular interest to those in a financial reporting role or those who want information on the Board’s top priorities but are unable to attend the conference in person.
The live streaming package can be obtained for a nominal fee and include opportunities to:
- take part in the technical Q&A and have your questions answered in real time by IASB staff and external speakers in the Better Communications session
- test yourself and express your views in live polling segment in the Better Communications session
- revisit recordings of the sessions after the conference has finished.
The live streamed sessions will be:
|Thursday 20 June||Friday 21 June|
||Better Communication—what the Board is doing to improve communication in financial reporting
||IASB update—IASB Vice-Chair and Executive Technical Director
*The times of these sessions are in British Summer Time (BST)
20 June 2019
The conference will be divided into three kinds of sessions: plenary sessions to discuss our current areas of focus; preconference workshops and breakout sessions to provide an opportunity for you to focus on your interests.
- Investor-focused workshop and update on IFRS Standards
- Implementing IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts
- Financial instruments—what next?
- IASB update
- Better Communication—what the Board is doing to improve communication in Financial Reporting
- Electronic reporting—why everyone should care about the IFRS Taxonomy
- Getting the best from IFRS 9 Financial Instruments and IFRS 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers
- Project update: Business Combinations under Common Control
- Project update: Goodwill and Impairment
- Project update: Management Commentary
- Implementation and application of the IFRS Standards—an update on hot topics being discussed by the IFRS Interpretations Committee.
See the conference programme for more information.