The IFRS Foundation’s annual conference in Europe will be held at the InterContinental Hotel Frankfurt, Germany on Thursday 28 and Friday 29 June 2018.
28 June 2018
This conference will bring together the International Accounting Standards Board Members and staff with other leaders in financial reporting from the private sector and regulatory bodies, as well as accounting professionals and those with an interest in IFRS Standards.
The event will provide unique insight into standard-setting projects and enable those present to hear about the future of financial reporting, directly from the people who set the Standards.
IASB Presenters include Hans Hoogervorst (Chair), Sue Lloyd (Vice-Chair), Board members—Nick Anderson, Martin Edelmann, Françoise Flores, Ann Tarca and Mary Tokar as well as a number of the Board’s senior technical staff. They will be joined by other IFRS experts from around the world.
Pre-conference special interest workshops (09:30–12:00—Thursday 28 June 2018) will include:
- Investor-focused IFRS workshop and update
- Guide to new IFRS Standards
- Effects of IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts
- Making Disclosure More Meaningful
The main conference includes:
- Updates on the IASB projects;
- Two lively panel discussions on:
- Judgments and estimates
- Technology and its impact on accounting;
- Seven technical break-out sessions, which will provide forums to discuss and examine in detail major research and standard-setting projects on the Board’s active Agenda including IFRS 16 Leases and IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts, the Conceptual Framework, and an update on the Boards and Interpretations Committee’s work in supporting implementation and application of IFRS Standards.
See the conference programme for more information.
To join us either:
- register online [external website];
- email: email@example.com; or
- telephone: +44 (0)20 7017 5509
IIR Ltd (UK) manages the conference under contract for the IFRS Foundation.