The ICAEW and the IFRS Foundation are jointly hosting a virtual conference on IFRS 16 Leases on Tuesday 10 October 2017. This innovative online event is arguably the first truly global and widely accessible IFRS conference.
The conference will bring together experts on the new leases Standard from around the world. They will provide a unique mix of authoritative technical content and insightful international and regional perspectives from the standard-setters, users, accounting practitioners and business.
10 October 2017
Those attending will gain invaluable insights from IASB experts, business leaders and advisers, along with opportunities to attend live virtual panel sessions in London, the Middle East and South East Asia. The conference also offers interactive Q&A sessions with some of the world's leading experts on IFRS 16, and the opportunity to connect with delegates from across the globe.
Due to the significantly reduced overhead costs of a virtual conference, entry to the event is only £60+VAT. Take advantage of being able to log in, participate from anywhere in the world, and drop in and out of the conference at your own convenience.
The virtual nature of this conference makes it is accessible to anyone across the world. It will be of interest to those wanting to better understand the Standard and the challenges of implementation, and will be of particular interest for those working in a financial reporting role in sectors where the impact is more significant, such as the transportation, real estate, mining, construction, and retail sectors, plus those with significant leased premises.
The conference will be opened by IASB Chairman, Hans Hoogervorst, and ICAEW CEO, Michael Izza, and will include live Q&A sessions with the presenters, live panel discussions tailored to the three separate time zones (London, Dubai and Singapore), and a range of supporting technical and thought leadership materials to download. Navigate around the content, presentations and live Q&A and panel sessions according to your areas of interest.
It will also include:
- A series of technical sessions featuring IASB experts, led by Patrina Buchanan and Kathryn Donkersley, including an overview of the Standard;
- Live audio panel discussions likely to explore the impact on systems and processes, a regional focus on implications for key business sectors, practical insights and issues for successful implementation.
- Live sessions featuring a technical Q&A with IASB speakers, following on from the technical presentations.
- Opportunities to re-visit recordings of the sessions after the conference has finished.
- Free and exclusive access, upon registering for the event, to the ICAEW recent report “IFRS 16 Leases: putting theory into practice”.
For more information and registration details, visit the ICAEW website or contact the ICAEW events booking team:
- Tel: +44 (0) 1908 248 159
- Email: email@example.com