Each year IASB technical staff hold a one day event in London for those teaching IFRS Standards.
The event provides a forum for those teaching IFRS Standards to:
- discuss the development of new and amended IFRS Standards (especially on those IFRS Standards that have been issued but that are not yet effective) with the IASB technical staff;
- be updated by senior IASB technical staff on the main principles being considered in developing major new IFRS Standards that are on the IASB’s active agenda;
- participate in a workshop on Framework-based IFRS teaching by exploring case studies with the IASB Education Initiative staff; and
- provide feedback to the IASB on providing support to those teaching IFRS Standards.
08 May 2017
There is no charge for attending this event (but travel, accommodation and other costs incurred by you attending will not be reimbursed by the IASB).
The event will include a number of sessions and those sessions will take a variety of forms—presentations, question and answer sessions, a framework-based teaching workshop and feedback from the participants. The programme is linked on the right hand side.
Refreshments will be provided by the IASB.
Participation is limited to a maximum of 40 IFRS teachers. Preference will be given to those:
- teaching IFRS module within a programme;
- teaching IFRS at an early stage of their academic career; and
- who have not attended the event in the past.
In addition, selection will be made to achieve an overall geographical balance worldwide.
To attend, please submit the application form by email. Alternatively, you can post it to Gloria Lindfield, IFRS Foundation, 30 Cannon Street, London, EC4M 6XH.
Closing date: Applications now closed
Successful applicants will be notified in early December.