Salary: competitive, dependent upon experience, plus benefits
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Payroll Coordinator to join the Finance team. You will provide an accurate and efficient payroll function for the organisation, and all associated analysis. You will also provide legislative and technical advice to Finance and HR colleagues, as well as dealing with employee queries.
More specifically, the successful candidate will take responsibility for:
Accurately managing the monthly payroll process, including:
- Ensuring all UK & international employees are accurately paid, including starters, leavers and any adjustments;
- Ensuring statutory payments and processes (such as RTI) are processed/followed accurately and that all PAYE and Social security obligations are correctly paid and on time.
- Posting all payroll related journals on to company accounting system SAP;
- Maintaining and filing periodic statutory reports such as P11D; P60, PSA and year end returns;
- Liaising with relevant bodies including HMRC to ensure obligations for tax, legal and regulatory compliance associated with payroll are fulfilled.
Managing benefits administration:
- Managing membership of all employee benefits schemes, including:
- Timely notification to benefits providers/intermediary of leavers, joiners and amendments;
- Communication with members re relevant updates and information;
- Dealing with employee queries relating to administration of benefits;
- Ensuring pension contributions are managed in line with Auto-Enrolment and Group personal pension scheme rules, and that pension payments are made accurately and on time;
- Assisting with the annual policy renewal process for each benefit scheme.
Other duties as appropriate:
- Maintaining accurate headcount records for the organisation and provide relevant information;
- Designing and providing other Management Information as may be required or requested;
- Providing remuneration data to support the annual budget setting process and contributing to the commentary for monthly management accounts, payroll accounts and annual report;
- Providing data to ensure the timely filing of UK and US corporate tax;
- Supporting administration of annual and ad-hoc pay reviews.
What you will bring
The successful candidate will have demonstrable detailed knowledge and experience of processing payroll from start to finish and will be positively motivated to provide excellent service. Requirements also include:
- Excellent Excel and Microsoft Word skills;
- A basic level of accounting knowledge;
- Knowledge of SAP or an equivalent accounting package;
- Current knowledge of HMRC legislation;
- Experience of overseas payroll is advantageous;
- Highly organised and focused, able to multi-task and manage workload to ensure that priorities are met;
- Fastidious attention to detail with demonstrated ability to produce accurate work;
- Strong analytical and numerical skills; ability to gather facts/statistics and identify trends/patterns;
- Ability to form positive working relationships and to work effectively and sensitively with staff at all levels;
- Ability to work and make decisions autonomously, whilst recognising the importance of process & compliance;
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to be discreet, with an understanding that confidentiality is absolutely essential.
Please send a detailed CV and covering letter outlining why you meet the requirements of the role, together with your current salary, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 29 April 2019
We may commence interviews prior to the closing date, so please apply without delay if you feel your skills and experience match our criteria. Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.