The IFRS Foundation (the Foundation) collects information about you when you register with it, or place an order for products and services, or when you communicate with it by any media. The Foundation may also collect information about you from third parties. Some of this information will be personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act)).
The Foundation processes your personal data for the purposes of:
- providing any goods and services ordered or requested by you;
- keeping you informed about the Foundation and its activities and those of selected third parties;
- allowing you to receive and manage e-mail alerts, to access or view documents via the Foundation’s website, to observe at meetings and submit comment letters;
- administration, record keeping and statutory and regulatory compliance;
- processing any enquiries or complaints raised by you and responding to any communications from you, providing information to credit reference agencies and investigating any misuse by any person of our products and any accusation of wrongdoing.
The Foundation may send you information about its products and services and those of selected third parties with whom it has a business relationship by email or other electronic means. If you have consented to receive electronic marketing, you may opt out at a later date. If you would like the Foundation to cease to process your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing, or if you do not want the Foundation to transfer your personal data to any third party (unless it is required to do so to fulfil the terms of any contract with you), please write to the Data Protection Officer at the IFRS Foundation, 30 Cannon Street, London, EC4M 6XH.
Some of the information you provide to the Foundation may be sensitive personal data (as defined by the Act, for example, if you have requested specialist services, such as Braille texts, due to a disability) which requires your explicit consent to permit the Foundation to process it. If you provide the Foundation with sensitive personal data we will only process it if a condition from data protection legislation permits such processing. By providing us with such data you are consenting to our processing it solely for the purposes for which it was given.
It is possible your personal data may be transferred outside the European Economic Area where data protection laws are not as strong as within the EEA. If you have any concerns in relation to such transfers, please write to the person specified above at the same address.