This page provides a brief summary, highlighting IFRS Foundation news and activities over the past month:
- The IFRS Foundation launched its new website
The new site provides a simpler user interface and more intuitive navigation system. It also features enhanced resources to support implementation of IFRS Standards, and introduces dedicated sections that signpost the various programmes and resources available to stakeholders. Read more about the new website here.
- Nick Anderson and Ann Tarca join the International Accounting Standards Board (Board)
Investor Nick Anderson’s and Academic Ann Tarca’s appointments are for an initial five-year term, effective September and July 2017 respectively. Read more about Mr Anderson and Professor Tarca here.
- Hans Hoogervorst, Chairman of the Board delivered the speech ‘IFRS 17 and its contribution to financial stability’ at the IFRS Conference in Amsterdam
Read the full speech here. Find out more about the IFRS Conference here.
- New video explaining the standard-setting process
The IFRS Foundation has published a new, short animated video that explains how IFRS Standards are developed by the Board. The two-minute video goes through the typical stages of the standard-setting process, showing how stakeholders can get involved. Watch the video here.
- Alan Beller, Werner Brandt, Takafumi Sato and Kurt Schacht reappointed to serve second three-year terms as Trustees of the IFRS Foundation
The Trustees are responsible for the governance and oversight of the Board. They have a wide range of practical experience and come from all over the world. Read more about the reappointments here.
- The Board began its second phase of IFRS 13 Post-implementation Review with a call for information
The Board issued a request for stakeholders to tell them about their experience with the accounting standard that explains how to measure the ‘fair value’ of assets and liabilities, IFRS 13. The aim is to check whether the Standard meets its objectives. Read more here.
- The Trustees are seeking applications for Advisory Council Members
The Advisory Council is the formal advisory body to the Board and the Trustees of the IFRS Foundation. It consists of a wide range of representatives from groups that are affected by and interested in the Board's work. Read more about the current vacancies here.
- The Board issued IFRIC 23 Uncertainty over Income Tax Treatments to specify how to reflect uncertainty in accounting for income taxes
IFRIC Interpretations form part of the authoritative IFRS requirements. They are developed by the IFRS Interpretations Committee to provide requirements on specific application issues and are ratified by the Board. Read more about IFRIC 23 here.
- New webinar on the scope of IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts
The webinar is one of a series of implementation and educational materials being produced on the new insurance contracts Standard, IFRS 17. View all supporting materials on the Standard here.
- Issue 13 of Investor Update
Investor Update aims to make it easy for investors to keep up with changes in the world of IFRS Standards and how those changes may affect an investor's day job. Read the latest issue here.
- Latest IASB Podcast
Vice-Chair of the Board Sue Lloyd and Board member Darrel Scott join Education Director Matt Tilling in the podcast covering the May Board meeting and IFRS 17. Listen to the podcast here.