The International Accounting Standards Board (Board) will meet on 21 June 2017 to discuss the Primary Financial Statements project. At this meeting the Board will continue its discussions from the March 2017 Board meeting about staff proposals to introduce two subtotals in the statement(s) of financial performance:
- earnings before finance income/expenses and tax (EBIT) (June 2017 Agenda Papers 21A and 21B); and
- a management performance measure (June 2017 Agenda Paper 21C).
The Board will also discuss two related topics:
- adjusted earnings per share (June 2017 Agenda Paper 21D); and
- the presentation of the share of the profit or loss of associates and joint ventures (June 2017 Agenda Paper 21E).
The Accounting Standards Advisory Forum (ASAF) will discuss the same topics and papers at their meeting on 6 July 2017.
At their joint meeting on 15 June 2017, members of the Capital Markets Advisory Committee (CMAC) and the Global Preparers Forum (GPF) provided feedback on staff proposals for introducing EBIT and management performance measure subtotals (Agenda Paper 3 for that meeting). Summarised notes from this meeting will be made available in due course on the meeting page.
- To consult the agenda papers, register for the webcast and listen to recordings from the June 2017 IASB meeting (when available), please click here.
- To consult the agenda papers, register for the webcast and listen to recordings from the July 2017 ASAF meeting (when available), please click here.
- To consult the agenda papers and listen to recordings from the June 2017 joint CMAC–GPF meeting, please click here.
Our website has recently been redesigned. On the Primary Financial Statements project page, you will find further information on the project, including the latest IASB Update. You can also ‘follow’ and receive updates about projects or topics in a personal dashboard.