Compensation: competitive, dependent on experience, plus other benefits
Contract type: Six month fixed term contract with the possibility of extension or permanency
Who we are looking for
Reporting to our Programme Manager, the successful candidate will manage the delivery of a number of projects within the Operations function. This is a great opportunity to be involved in a broad range of work and gain exposure to a variety of senior stakeholders, supported and mentored by the Programme Manager.
More specifically, the successful candidate will take responsibility for:
- Developing a business case for each project, including clearly defined objectives, benefits, risks, timescales, costs and likely return;
- Developing, maintaining and managing project plans to defined time, cost and quality tolerances;
- Identifying resource requirements and engaging teams as appropriate to fulfil project deliverables;
- Identifying key stakeholders and maintaining appropriate engagement and communication;
- Tracking activity against the project plan and delivering reporting requirements of the programme;
- Actively managing risks and issues, including identifying risks before they become issues;
- Managing the transition to BAU.
What you will bring
The successful candidate will be flexible and pragmatic and at ease working in a small organisation with a broad range of projects. Requirements also include:
- Strong written and spoken English language skills, including the ability to structure communications clearly, confidently and logically;
- Ability to balance the need to understand and respect established working practices with the need to identify and champion progressive changes;
- Strong team ethic and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with individuals at all levels;
- Positive attitude; integrity and professionalism; ability to remain composed under pressure;
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise work/time effectively.
Qualifications and experience
- Prince 2 qualification, or experience of working on Prince 2 projects;
- End to end project management experience;
- Experience in either Agile or Waterfall methodologies, preferably both;
- Strong Visio, Powerpoint and Excel skills;
- Experience of working as a Business Analyst would be advantageous;
- Third party management experience – including RFTs and Statements of Work (SoW) development
- Experience of one or more of the following project types:
- CRM implementation;
- Content Management System (CMS) implementation;
- E-learning and assessment product projects;
- Web upgrade/design projects.
A full job description is available here.
Please send a detailed CV and covering letter outlining why you meet the requirements of the role, together with your salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 18 January 2018
We may commence interviews prior to the closing date, so please apply without delay if you feel your skills and experience match our criteria.Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.