Receptionist, IFRS Foundation
(Maternity cover – likely contract duration 6 months, immediate start)
Location: London, UK
Who we are and what we do
The IFRS Foundation is an independent, not-for-profit, private-sector organisation working in the public interest. The Foundation’s principal objective is to develop a single set of high quality, understandable, enforceable and globally accepted financial reporting standards (IFRSs) through its standard-setting body, the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB)
What we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced Receptionist to join the organisation on a temporary basis to provide maternity cover for six months. The role operates on a shift basis of either 8:30am to 4:30pm, or 10:00am to 6:00pm.
Two Receptionists work together and are responsible for supporting operations in a professional and internationally-diverse office by providing an efficient reception service and undertaking other administrative support. Your responsibilities will include:
• Answering and screening telephone calls politely, quickly and efficiently, and taking messages as required.
• Acting as first point of contact for internal and external enquiries and re-directing them as necessary.
• Managing visitors courteously and efficiently:
o Clearing visitor access with the building manager.
o Greeting and directing visitors on arrival.
o Notifying relevant staff of visitor arrival.
o Arranging desks/offices for visitors.
• Managing meeting rooms, including organising refreshments and catering and supervising catering staff.
• Ensuring that the reception and communal office spaces are kept clean, tidy and operational.
Logistics and facilities co-ordination
• Receiving and distributing incoming faxes, post and deliveries.
• Collecting and organising outgoing post and deliveries; franking outgoing post.
• Booking taxis and couriers.
• Booking conference calls, logging requests and circulating access details.
• Maintaining the organisation’s employee directory/telephone list and floor plan.
• Managing office and kitchen supplies, including sourcing new suppliers.
• Managing the office recycling facilities.
• Acting as a marshal during emergency evacuations.
What you will need
• Energetic, positive and flexible attitude.
• Personable and professional demeanour.
• Patient, courteous and helpful manner and ability to work collegially with others.
• Excellent listening and customer service skills.
• Ability to manage stress and to stay calm under pressure.
• Good written and spoken communications skills; ability to relay information accurately.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Ability to work independently and to prioritise and organise a varied – and often demanding – workload.
• Professional appearance.
• Medium level knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel and Word.
How to Apply
Please send a detailed CV and covering letter outlining why you meet the requirements of the role to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Closing date: Monday 1 April 2013
Due to the number of responses we receive we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.