Production Process Manager
Salary: c£40,000, plus benefits
Location: London, UK
Who we are and what we do
The IFRS Foundation is an independent, not-for-profit, private-sector organisation working in the public interest. The Foundation’s principal objective is to develop a single set of high quality, understandable, enforceable and globally accepted financial reporting standards (IFRSs) through its standard-setting body, the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB)
What we are looking for
Reporting to the Principal, Content Services, we are looking for a Production Process Manager to
provide managerial co-ordination of the end-to-end production process, and to act as the senior
contributor to the development of web and e-book products. Your responsibilities will include:
End to End Production Process
- Work effectively with Technical, Editorial, Production, Technical Writing and Publication teams to ensure an effective end-to-end process both in print and online, including:
- delivery of due process documents and other publications on time and on budget
- integrity of all content
- Manage the production of titles, including: prioritisation (in consultation with the Technical team), allocation of resource, planning and monitoring of schedules.
- Manage the workload of XML and typesetting staff, including their recruitment, training, and development.
- Manage relationships with internal/external stakeholders (e.g. freelancers), including resolution of queries.
- Undertake initial assessment of manuscripts to determine production requirements.
- Maintain and develop best practice procedures and systems to maximise efficiency of production and accuracy of published content.
- Develop publishing systems (including, but not limited to: improving data capture and the processing of content to output in print and electronic media).
- Contribute to organisational effectiveness through the identification and implementation of process improvement opportunities (quality and timeliness of the individual’s work will impact on the effectiveness of the department and how it, and the organisation, is perceived by others).
- Review customer satisfaction surveys and develop strategies to improve results.
- Provide line management to team.
What you will need
Skills and attributes:
- Degree level qualification or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience of managing a list of titles to quality and schedule.
- Able to manage workloads to meet timescales, budgets and deliverables.
- Proven ability to manage and motivate a team to deliver on targets.
- Able to work productively on their own initiative.
- Demonstrable experience in managing process or technology change.
- Experience of editing content in SGML/XML.
- High levels of attention to detail and quality standards.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills to negotiate, persuade and influence others across the business, and externally where required.
- Customer focused and collaborative team-oriented style.
- Experience of working in a matrix management environment.
- Experience of working on accountancy, tax or legal content.
- Experience of project management.
- Line management experience.
- Good level of IT skills with experience of:
- Content Management Systems
- XML editing software (Arbortext Editor)
- Adobe Indesign
How to Apply
Please send a detailed CV and covering letter outlining why you meet the requirements of the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Monday 6 May 2013
Due to the number of responses we receive we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.