IT Support Technician
Salary: £30,000-£35,000 per annum (plus benefits)
Who we are and what we do
The IFRS Foundation is the oversight body of the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB). We are a not-for-profit organisation whose aim, through the IASB, is to develop, in the public interest, a single set of high quality, global accounting standards
What we are looking for
We are looking for an IT Support Technician who will provide a professional customer-focused service to end-users, and who will play an important part in supporting, administering and maintaining our network, desktop pc and infrastructure activities, as well as providing technical expertise to users across the organisation.
Working as an integral part of the Technology and Infrastructure team, you will be expected to:
- Provide customer-focused 1st and 2nd level support to end-users, resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Proactively support and enhance the network infrastructure to ensure maximum availability and efficiency.
- Support the organisation’s email, mobile devices, PC applications, network security systems, network printers, and door access controls.
- Implement a range of technological enhancements defined by third level support.
- Fulfil monitoring and maintenance tasks according to pre-defined schedules.
Skills and attributes
- Good standard of written and oral English with ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Professional, proactive problem-solver who is happy to be involved with end-users as well as technology.
- A persuasive and diplomatic team-player who is comfortable dealing with all levels of staff within the organisation.
- Customer-focused approach.
- Ability to work collegially and to form effective working relationships quickly.
- Self-motivated, resilient and focused.
- Ability to manage own time effectively and to work flexibly under pressure during large projects.
Qualifications and experience
- Previous experience in a similar, hands-on support role
- Good understanding of LAN, TCP/IP and WiFi technology
- Extensive demonstrable experience with:
- Active Directory v2008
- Windows File and Print services
- Outlook 2010
- Microsoft Office 2010
- iPad/iPhone/iOS and App Support
- Anti-virus and client security software
- Remote Access and VPN client configuration and support
- Demonstrable experience with
- Exchange 2010
- Citrix XenApp v6.5
- BES Express v5
- VMware basic level administration
- Relevant and recent Microsoft certification
- Knowledge of best practises and industry standards
- Audio/Visual skills and video conferencing experience
- Demonstrable experience with:
- Apple OS X and application support
- Blackberry Mobile Devices
- Sharepoint Administration
- SQL Server Administration
To apply, please send a detailed CV and covering letter outlining why you meet the requirements of the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 22 March 2013
Due to the number of responses we receive we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.