Salary: circa £55,000 per annum, plus benefits
What we are looking for
We are looking for an IT Manager to effectively manage the organisation’s IT support function, infrastructure and resources. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer you will be responsible for a managing a small, but busy, IT support team where you will also have direct contact with staff and also a range of external vendors and service providers.
Specifically you will:
- Manage and monitor the delivery of the IT service, including the help desk and technical support services.
- Oversee the deployment, maintenance and troubleshooting all IT systems, including server and hardware support, providing expert support when required.
- Manage and oversee the asset management of all IT equipment.
- Develop and implement new systems as appropriate to support the organisation’s needs.
- Work with the CTO to develop the organisation’s IT strategy and operations, including identifying areas where the IT infrastructure can add value to the business and producing supporting business cases.
- Supervise the day to day work of the IT support team and manage staff performance through performance reviews / appraisals and constructively contributing to their development.
- Manage suppliers and service providers for performance, cost and value, including negotiating and managing external Service Level Agreements to ensure that business needs are met.
- Keep up-to-date with new technologies and upgrades on current systems and ensure that these are implemented accordingly.
What you will need
Qualifications and experience
- Computer Science degree or diploma (or an equivalent qualification).
- Previous experience in a similar IT management role, and in particular demonstrable skills in effective people and project management.
- A good understanding of VMWare, Microsoft Exchange, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP technologies, security products, firewalls and proxy servers.
Skills and attributes
- Motivated, confident and diplomatic team-player with good internal and external customer-facing skills, who can work effectively and collegially with staff at all levels.
- Proactive, hands-on and resourceful approach to troubleshooting and other technical matters.
- Highly organised and focused, able to plan and prioritise work and resources to ensure that deadlines are met, even when managing multiple projects.
- Ability to make reasoned and balanced strategic and tactical judgements and to ‘translate’ business needs into technology solutions.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, including the ability to write clear management reports and business case proposals.
To apply, please send a detailed CV and covering letter outlining why you meet the requirements of the role to email@example.com.
Closing date: 6 June 2014
We may commence interviews prior to the closing date, so please apply without delay if you feel your skills and experience match our criteria.
Due to the number of responses we receive we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.