Head of Legal and Compliance, IFRS Foundation
Salary: c£70,000, plus benefits
Location: London, UK
Who we are and what we do
The IFRS Foundation is an independent, not-for-profit, private-sector organisation working
in the public interest. The Foundation’s principal objective is to develop a single set of high
quality, understandable, enforceable and globally accepted financial reporting standards
(IFRSs) through its standard-setting body, the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB).
What we are looking for
Reporting to the Director of Operations, we are looking for an individual to lead the
organisation’s compliance with relevant policy and legislation, and to provide direction
on a wide range of legal matters. Principal accountabilities include:
Provide overall support and advice on a range of legal matters and lead the decision-making on legal matters affecting the organisation.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of legal documents;
- Manage the organisation’s risk register and work with colleagues to identify and manage departmental risk issues;
- Work closely with the Translations, Adoption and Copyright team in order to provide necessary legal commercial expertise;
- Work in cooperation with other legal experts within the organisation;
- Consult with external counsel in areas where specialised support is needed.
- Monitor the organisation’s compliance with internal policies and with relevant UK, EU and US legislation, with specific responsibility for Data Protection, Data Retention, Corporate Bribery and Confidentiality.
- Manage and maintain the organisation’s corporate compliance obligations, including Companies House filing, insurance policies and bank mandates.
- Provide line management and guidance to the Contracts Officer;
- Undertake all other duties as required, such as legal research or project work.
What you will need
Skills and attributes
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Approachable and constructive with strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrable ability to offer pragmatic advice to internal stakeholders;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent English language writing skills and the ability to draft and edit succinctly;
- Able to work autonomously, often as part of a cross-functional team;
- Able to work efficiently & accurately whilst under pressure to meet multiple deadlines;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to master new material rapidly;
- Well-developed commercial awareness;
- Willingness to support development of junior colleague.
Qualifications and experience
- Qualified solicitor or barrister with a minimum of 10 years’ post-qualification experience;
- Holder of current practicing certificate;
- Experience covering all facets of commercial contract and consumer law, Intellectual Property and licensing, UK/EU Data Protection legislation, corporate filing and compliance requirements and relevant professional codes of practice;
- Previous experience of drafting commercial contracts, policies and similar documents;
- Previous exposure to commercial legal work.
How to Apply
Please send a detailed CV and covering letter outlining why you meet the requirements of the role to email@example.com .
Closing date: Friday 21 March 2014 (closing date extended)
Due to the number of responses we receive we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.