Salary: circa £35,000 per annum
Duration: one year, from February 2013
Who we are and what we do
The IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) Foundation is the oversight body of the IASB (International Accounting Standards Board). We are a not-for-profit organisation whose aim, through the IASB, is to develop, in the public interest, a single set of high quality, global accounting standards.
What we are looking for
We are looking for an HR Officer to provide maternity cover for a one-year period starting in February 2013. Working alongside another HR Officer, you will support the HR Manager in providing an efficient, effective and supportive HR service to the organisation.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced HR Officer to join a small but busy team and to get involved in a broad range of areas which, depending on experience, will include the following:
- Co-ordinating the recruitment of staff at all levels across the organisation, including technical accounting, operational and support staff, IASB Members and Trustees.
- Managing the staff on-boarding and leaving process, including induction and UK relocation.
- Payroll administration, including administration of the annual pay review cycle.
- Administration of a wide range of staff benefits – holiday, pension, medical and other insurances, childcare vouchers, relocation, season ticket loans and Cycle to Work.
- Maintaining staff records and files, including managing the organisation’s online HR system and providing periodic management reports as required.
- Assisting in the development and enforcement of HR processes and policies.
- Assist in managing performance issues and organising and delivering training as needed.
- Other HR duties and ad hoc project work as required.
What you will need
Skills and attributes
- A patient, tactful, confident and diplomatic team-player who enjoys working with people, is able to form positive working relationships and can work effectively and sensitively with staff at all levels.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills and strong listening skills.
- Ability to remain calm, respond professionally and provide constructive feedback in difficult situations.
- Highly organised, focused and able to manage a varied workload to ensure that priorities are achieved.
- Respect for the importance of confidentiality.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to deal with disputes, grievances and other staff-related problems.
- Motivated to learn and open to giving and receiving feedback.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- High level of attention to detail and ability to produce clear and accurate documents and reports.
Qualifications and experience
- Previous experience in a similar HR role is essential, including knowledge of recruitment processes and benefits administration.
- Bachelor Degree.
- HRM/CIPD qualification preferred.
- Medium proficiency in Microsoft Office and familiarity with HR systems.
To apply, please send a detailed CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the role to email@example.com.
Closing date: 30 November 2012