Duration: 10 months (maternity cover)
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 per annum
What we do
The IFRS Foundation is the oversight body of the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB). The IFRS Foundation, through the IASB, is committed to developing, in the public interest, a single set of high quality, global accounting standards that require transparent and comparable information in general purpose financial statements.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a Customer Service Team Leader to join the Content Services team on a temporary basis, to provide maternity cover for 10 months from November 2012 to September 2013.
Reporting to the Content Services Principal, the Customer Service Team Leader is a pivotal role which supports the organisation’s global customer base as well as other stakeholders in the organisation.
You will lead a team of three customer service representatives in marketing IFRS books, subscriptions and other products and managing sales via the organisation’s web shop. You will also work with the Web and Technology teams to ensure that content on the ifrs.org public website and the eIFRS subscription service are updated on a daily basis.
Specifically, the Customer Service Team Leader’s responsibilities will include:
- Leading and managing the customer service team and supporting them to deliver their accountabilities to a high standard by:
- Fulfilling international customer orders and enquiries in a timely manner.
- Providing support and guidance to team members in resolving customer complaints.
- Assisting team members with work to ensure accuracy and that deadlines are met.
- Managing team performance, including conducting staff performance reviews.
- Producing management information and analysis.
- Working with the Web Editor to:
- Update the public website with new pages and content, posting meeting papers, audio files and news items using a web-based CMS (content management system).
- Provide wider web editing support in the absence of the Web Editor.
- Working with the Technology team to assist with project work, as required.
What you will need
- Previous experience in a customer service leadership role is essential.
- Knowledge of HTML for web and email is highly advantageous.
- Broad and demonstrable understanding of e-commerce and web-editing CMSs and databases.
Skills and attributes:
- Confident, calm people manager.
- Professional, proactive problem-solver with an interest in IT and online information development.
- Good understanding of business and customer service issues, including international despatch.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use own initiative and willingness to accept responsibility.
- A persuasive and diplomatic team-player who is able to work effectively and sensitively as part of a team to achieve success.
- Ability to build successful working relationships with key stakeholders, including internal and external customers and other third parties.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects whilst under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Process-focussed and methodical manner, with a high level of attention to detail.
To apply, please send a detailed CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the role to email@example.com.
Closing date: 12 October 2012