Salary: £30,000+ per annum (plus benefits)
Who we are and what we do
The IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) Foundation is the oversight body of the IASB (International Accounting Standards Board). We are a not-for-profit organisation whose aim, through the IASB, is to develop, in the public interest, a single set of high quality, global accounting standards.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a Contracts Officer to join our Legal team on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Head of Compliance, the Contracts Officer has responsibility for managing the complete lifecycle for all IFRS Foundation commercial contracts.
The Contracts Officer’s principal accountabilities will include reviewing, interpreting, drafting and following up contractual documents, maintaining and updating the Foundation’s Contract Management System and preparing regular progress reports.
You will work with colleagues from across the organisation to ensure that the Foundation’s interests and position are protected, whilst building upon good working relationships with third parties. Colleagues will rely on you to keep them updated and to ensure that contracts are progressed in a timely way.
Specifically, the Contracts Officer’s responsibilities will be to:
- Manage the internal database of contracts and contract information:
- Upload contracts and relevant correspondence.
- Input contract data.
- Issue invoices.
- Despatch data.
- Maintain the IFRS Foundation’s original hard copy contracts depository.
- Prepare and formalise contracts:
- Draft, review (including peer review) and analyse contracts to detect ambiguities, inaccuracies, omissions of essential terms and conditions, non-conformity with IFRS Foundation policies, and other risks or conflicts with applicable regulations.
- Recommend contract modifications to address any such issues.
- Convert informal agreements and memoranda of understanding into the correct contract form, including the preparation of amended agreements for approval and the reconciliation of third-party non-standard contracts to IFRS Foundation format/language.
- Manage the royalty process:
- Monitor revenue received from commercial agreements to ensure conformity with contract
- Provide data for projecting anticipated revenues to enable effective budgeting and financial planning
- Liaise with the Finance department in order to perform an effective credit control function in relation to outstanding royalties.
- Working closely with colleagues in other departments, provide practical advice (with reference to the relevant law where applicable) which results in appropriate contractual arrangements being put in place.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with relevant UK, EU and US legislation (e.g. the Data Protection Act, Distance Selling Regulations, Competition law, etc.).
- Ensure that the IFRS Foundation is in compliance with the terms of its contractual obligations in regard to delivery of data, and undertake data delivery function.
- Manage the IFRS Foundation’s Trade Mark portfolio:
- Maintain Trade Mark records.
- Collate relevant evidence for Trade Mark applications.
- Other duties as needed in line with skills.
What you will need
- Law Degree (or equivalent qualifications or experience).
- Post Graduate Legal Qualification (LPC, BVC, FILEX).
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and fastidious English language grammar and drafting skills.
- Experience of drafting contracts and general contract correspondence.
- High level of commercial awareness and an ability to see how each contract fits in with the overall objectives and policies of the organisation.
- Ability to work unsupervised and to multi-task and prioritise assignments in order to meet multiple deadlines.
- Good problem solving skills and ability to think on his/her feet and ensure that any issues are dealt with in the best interests of the organisation.
- Good reporting skills in order to report to his/her line manager and others on contract competitions, resolution of problems and outcomes.
- Strong working knowledge of commercial, contract and IP law and associated issues in the UK, EU and US.
- Good knowledge of relevant regulatory issues (eg Competition Law, Data Protection, Distance selling, Sale of Goods).
- Medium level knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel and Word
To apply, please send a detailed CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 14 November 2012