Academic Fellow: Education Initiative
Salary: £44,500 per annum + benefits
Duration: 12-months, from January 2016
Who we are and what we do
The IFRS Foundation is the oversight body of the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB). The IFRS Foundation, through the IASB, is committed to developing, in the public interest, a single set of high quality, global accounting standards that require transparent and comparable information in general purpose financial statements.
The IFRS Foundation's education initiative reinforces the IFRS Foundation's goal of promoting the adoption and consistent application of a single set of high quality international accounting standards. In fulfilling this objective it takes account of, as appropriate, the special needs of small and medium‑sized entities (SMEs) and emerging economies.
What we are looking for
The Education team is seeking an Academic Fellow to fill a one‑year term, with eligibility for renewal for a further year. The position will start from January 2016 for a duration of 12 months.
It is envisaged that the post will be filled continuously by IFRS Academics on sabbatical leave from the universities. Exceptional candidates will also be considered to fill the post for a period of 6‑months.
Academic Fellows assist in delivering the Foundation's education plan. To date, IFRSs have been adopted in over 100 countries, with many more countries planning conversion. Improving the global understanding of IFRSs is a critical goal of our organisation. This appointment presents an excellent opportunity to get involved in a broad range of initiatives that will support both the global understanding and reputation of IFRSs and the IFRS for SMEs.
- Create, develop and maintain publications (in both electronic and hard copy) that promote the consistent application of IFRSs
- Develop and maintain training material to support the implementation and consistent application of the IFRS for SMEs.
- Participate in presentations to delegations from around the world that visit the IASB
- Participate in training workshops for delegates who will train others to implement the IFRS for SMEs
- Participate in the development of IFRSs conferences and special interest sessions
What you will need
Skills and experience
- An accomplished IFRS teacher or IFRS researcher that is due sabbatical leave from a reputable university
- A professional accounting qualification, eg Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Strong English‑language oral and written communication skills (proficiency in one or more other widely used languages is not essential but would be preferable)
- Ability to form effective working relationships quickly
- Self-motivated, resilient and focused
- Proven experience in project management
Please send a detailed CV and a motivation letter by the closing deadlines below to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing deadline: 26 June 2015