Ruth Picker was appointed to the IFRS Interpretations Committee in July 2006. (Term renewed until June 2012)
Ruth has had 26 years' experience with Ernst & Young. She is Global Leader - Global IFRS Services, based in London. Before this, she was Managing Partner of Ernst & Young Melbourne, Oceania Leader � Climate Change and Sustainability Services and a Partner in the Technical Consulting Group. She is a member of Ernst & Young�s Global IFRS Policy Committee. She is a member of the IFRS Interpretations Committee as Ernst & Young Global�s representative.
- She was actively involved in the Australian accounting standard-setting process and advising clients on the application of IFRS to complex transactions.
- She was a member and Deputy Chair of the Australian Accounting Standards Board (�AASB�). In that capacity she oversaw the adoption of IFRS in Australia by the AASB.
- She has had audit and management experience within Ernst & Young and was a member of the firm�s Board of Partners. She was the Oceania Professional Practice Director for four years.
- She was awarded the inaugural �Lynne Sutherland Award� � an award created to recognise those people who support and enhance the ability of Ernst & Young to attract and retain talented people.
- In 2004 Ruth co-authored a groundbreaking university text � �Applying International Accounting Standards�, published by John Wiley and Sons. A third edition was published in 2009 and is sold in many countries around the world.
- In 2007 Ruth was awarded the Charles Holmes Medal by CPA Australia in recognition of her contribution to the accounting profession in Australia.