The IFRS Foundation is developing 35 stand-alone training modules - one for each section of the IFRS for SMEs. The modules are free-to-download.
Each module includes the following:
- Introduction—an overview of the module, including:
- Learning objectives—a description of the capabilities and competences that the learner should attain by successfully completing the module.
- The IFRS for SMEs and the material that accompanies, but does not form part of, the IFRS.
- An overview of the requirements of the section, ie a brief technical summary.
- Requirements—the full text of the section of the IFRS for SMEs with added notes and worked examples. The notes and examples are designed to clarify and illustrate the requirements.
- Significant estimates and other judgements—a discussion of significant estimates and other judgements in accounting for transactions and events in accordance with that section of the IFRS for SMEs.
- Comparison with full IFRSs—a summary of the main differences between this section of the IFRS for SMEs and the corresponding full IFRS.
- Test your knowledge—a collection of multiple-choice questions (with answers) designed to test the learner's knowledge of the requirements of this section of the IFRS for SMEs.
- Apply your knowledge—a collection of case studies (with solutions) designed to develop the learner's ability to account for transactions and events in accordance with this section of the IFRS for SMEs.
The IFRS Foundation has approached the world's development agencies to fund the translation of the IFRS for SMEs into several languages. So far modules are available in Arabic, English, Russian, Spanish and Turkish.