On 10 July 2013, the Trustees of the IFRS Foundation jointly hosted with the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) a stakeholder event to coincide with their meeting in Johannesburg. The event included a panel discussion on the future of financial reporting in Africa, moderated by Leigh Roberts of SAICA with the following participants:
- Hans Hoogervorst, Chairman of the IASB;
- Vickson Ncube, CEO of the Pan African Federation of Accountants (PAFA);
- Arthur Thomson, Member of the Executive Committee of the Investment Analysts Society of Southern Africa and board member of the CFA Society of South Africa;
- Simon Ridley, CFO of Standard Bank; and
- Tania Wimberley, Head of Financial Reporting, Johannesburg Stock Exchange.