On 16 April 2015, the IFRS Foundation Trustees and the Canadian Accounting Standards Oversight Council (AcSOC) jointly hosted an event to discuss Canada’s perspective on IFRS and global standards. The video recording of the event is now available to view.
The video recording is as follows:
||Opening: Linda Mezon, Chair of the Canadian Accounting Standards Board
||Eulogy to Harvey Goldschmid: Michel Prada, Chairman of the IFRS Foundation
||Keynote speech: Hans Hoogervorst, Chairman of the IASB
||Panel discussion: IFRS and Global Standards: A Canadian Perspective
- Kevin Nye (Moderator): Chairman, Canadian Accounting Standards Oversight Council
- Hans Hoogervorst: Chairman of the IASB
- Douglas Hyndman: Chairman and CEO, Canadian Securities Transition Office
- Barbara Stymiest: Corporate Director of Blackberry, George Weston and Sun Life Financial Inc.
- Bill McFarland: CEO, PwC Canada
- Brad Darling: Portfolio Manager, Public Equities, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan