Members of the IASB discuss with DPOC progress on major projects, in relation to the due process being conducted
DPOC reviews comments from interested parties on IASB due process as appropriate
The IASB discussed the project at every meeting between December 2010 and February 2013.
The project website contains a full description with up-to-date information on the project. In addition to the standard posting of papers, decision summaries and Board meeting webcasts, this has included regularly updated material as follows:
- A high level summary of progress on the project, describing the main IASB decisions;
- A high level comparison of the IASB’s tentative decisions with the proposals in the 2010 Exposure Draft;
- A detailed summary of the IASB’s decisions, which shows how each paragraph in the 2010 Exposure Draft would be affected by the decisions taken each month;
- A 10-15 minute podcast that summarises the insurance contracts meetings for each month and places those decisions in context; and
- Topic reports on the IASB’s decisions and working drafts.
The Due Process Oversight Committee (DPOC) was informed of progress on the project in March 2011, June 2011, July 2011, October 2011, April 2012 and September 2012. In addition, in January 2012, the Due Process Oversight Committee was informed about correspondence with the HUB Global Insurance Group regarding the accounting for short-duration insurance contracts.