Outreach activities for Insurance Contracts
The IASB held a series of outreach events on its revised proposals for the accounting for insurance contracts, published on 20 June 2013. Some of them took form of the discussion forums and were organised in conjunction with national standard setters and others.
Outreach events are an important part of the IASB's due process because they enable board members and staff to hear the views of participants directly. Some events take the form of roundtable meetings or discussion forums with multiple participants. The IASB aims to receive input from a variety of perspectives, and is seeking participation from preparers, auditors, users of financial statements, and others.
During outreach period on revised Exposure Draft, the following discussion forums took place:
- Frankfurt – 30 September 2013
- London – 1 and 2 October 2013
- Paris – 6 September 2013
- Stockholm - 4 October 2013
- Zurich – 1 October 2013
- Singapore - 19 August 2013
- Malaysia - 20 August 2013
- Hong Kong - 26-27 August 2013
- Sydney - 3 September 2013
- India - 7 October 2013
- Shanghai - 15-16 October 2013
- Seoul - 4-5 November 2013
- Tokyo - 6-8 November 2013
- Toronto - 21-23 October 2013
- New York - 25 October 2013
- São Paulo - 21-23 October 2013
- Mexico - 24-25 October 2013
- Johannesburg - 13 August 2013
Read staff summary of outreach and comment letter analysis on revised Exposure Draft.