The Board published the exposure draft Financial Instruments Puttable at Fair Value and Obligations arising on Liquidation in June 2006. The comment period ended in October 2006. An analysis of the 87 comment letters received was presented to the Board in January, and since then the Board has deliberated the issues raised by respondents.
At this meeting, the Board confirmed that a staff draft of a proposed amendment would be used as the basis for public round-table discussions with interested parties.
- The Board also confirmed the following details for the round-table discussions:
- They will take place in London on Monday 12 November.
- There will be one or two 2-hour sessions.
- The staff will select those to be invited to attend on the basis of those who commented on the exposure draft.
- Participants will be asked to focus on the following questions:
o The proposed amendment is the product of a short-term project aimed at creating a limited exception to the classification requirements of IAS 32 Financial Instruments: Presentation. Within that context does the exception contained in the proposed amendment meet the project�s objectives? If not, why and what would you propose?
o Are the proposals operational? If not, why and what changes would you propose?
o Are there any issues not addressed in the staff draft that should be addressed? If so, what are they and why should they be addressed?