The Board discussed a draft measurement chapter for the conceptual framework that is based on measurement factors the Board discussed in earlier meetings. Those factors are:
- method of value realisation
- cost of preparing and using measures
- relative level of confidence in different measures
- use of consistent measures for similar items and items used together
- separability of changes in measures.
The Board decided tentatively that the measurement factors and the discussion of their relation to the objective of financial reporting and the qualitative characteristics of decision-useful information are an appropriate starting point for developing a discussion paper. The Board provided suggestions for clarifying and improving the ideas discussed in the draft chapter. The Board will continue its discussions at a future meeting, with the aim of publishing a discussion paper in the fourth quarter of 2009.