The International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) is seeking suitable candidates for membership and Chair/Vice-Chair of the newly created IFRS Taxonomy Consultative Group.
The objectives of using a single, high quality, easily enforceable and globally accepted IFRS Taxonomy to mark up digital reports are:
- to faciilitate the efficient disseminaton, processing, accessing and connection of IFRS-based disclosures; and
- to ensure the consistent application and implementation of regulatory electronic filing requirements.
Candidates should be capable of playing an active role in the review of the IFRS Taxonomy.
They are expected to have good practical knowldege, expertise or skills relating to one or more of the following areas:
- general taxonomy design
- financial reporting onology
- consumption or preparation of electronically marked-up IFRS financial statements.
- XBRL technical knowldege is desirable but not essential
The deadline for applications for membership and for the Chair and Vice-Chair is Friday 28 February 2014. For further information, please click here.