Earlier this month, the International Accounting Standards Board (the Board) issued a new accounting Standard, IFRS 16 Leases. This new Standard substantially changes lessee accounting.
In our latest article, Sue Lloyd, a member of the Board, discusses some of the key changes to financial statements that investors will see when companies apply the accounting requirements. The article provides context for the new requirements by comparing them to future US GAAP requirements and those detailed in former IFRS Standards. An illustrative example is also included for this purpose.
Click here for the article.
More details on the new Leases Standard can be obtained by:
- Watching a video in which the Board’s Chairman, Hans Hoogervorst, introduces the Standard here
- Listening to an overview of the new requirements here
- Viewing the Project Summary and Feedback Statement, including an overview of the project history and how the Board has responded to stakeholders’ comments during the development of the Standard here
- Viewing the Effects Analysis, outlining the likely costs and benefits of the Standard here
- To stay up to date with the latest education materials introducing these new requirements please visit the Leases project homepage.
If you would like more information about the Board’s investor activities, visit our Investor Centre.