The Trustees of the IFRS Foundation announced today the appointment of Mitsuhiro Takemura as the incoming Office Director of its Asia-Oceania liaison office. Mr Takemura has first-hand experience in standard-setting work, having been a Technical Fellow at the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) and a former member of the technical staff of the Accounting Standards Board in Japan. He has also extensive experience in company auditing. Mr Takemura is currently a Partner at Deloitte.
Mr Takemura will be responsible for the operations of the Asia-Oceania liaison office. He will assist the IFRS Foundation and the IASB in developing the liaison office into a regional research hub that will support the research and fact-finding activities of the IASB. He will also be the first point of contact for local stakeholders interested in, or affected by, the work of the IASB and will work with stakeholders across the Asia-Oceania region to identify activities that can further enhance and facilitate regional contribution to the IASB’s standard-setting activities.
The office will be opened in October this year and is located in Tokyo, Japan. The location of the liaison office was chosen with the full agreement of all Trustees and IASB members, including those from the Asia-Oceania region.
Michel Prada, Chairman of the IFRS Foundation Trustees, commented:
I am pleased to announce the appointment of Mr Takemura. He has an important role to play in ensuring that this first liaison office will be successful in its mission to deepen the co-operation with, and engagement of, the Asia-Oceania region in the work of the IASB. Because of Mr Takemura’s standard-setting and auditing background he understands the issues and challenges involved in the standard-setting process. This will be a great asset in making his role a success.
- Mark Byatt, Director of Corporate Communications and External Affairs, IFRS Foundation
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7246 6472
- Sonja Lardeau, Manager, Stakeholder Programmes, IFRS Foundation
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7246 6463
Notes to editors
About Mitsuhiro Takemura
- 2011–current: Deloitte LLP, London, International Tax Partner
- 2009–2011: International Accounting Standard Board, Technical Fellow
- 2008–2009: Accounting Standard Board of Japan, Technical Manager
- 1999 –2008: Tohmatsu Tax Co, Tokyo, International Tax Partner
- 1992–1999 : Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, Tokyo, Audit Manager
- 1990–1992 : Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, Melbourne, Audit Staff
- Bachelor of Arts in Business and Commerce, Keio University, Tokyo Japan (graduated in 1990)
- Certified Public Accountant in Japan (registered in 1993)
- Licensed Tax Accountant in Japan (registered in 2004)