Leases Accounting Working Group
On 19 July 2006, the IASB and the US FASB added a joint project on leasing to their respective agendas.
Because the leasing project is a joint project between the IASB and FASB, the working group is an international group serving both Boards. The composition of the working group reflects the diversity and breadth of interest in this area, and ensures that there is a satisfactory balance of perspectives.
The working group is comprised of individuals from a variety of backgrounds - preparers, auditors and users of financial statements, subject-matter experts, and others.
In July the IASB and the FASB established a joint working group for the project to seek the views of both users and preparers of financial statements as the project progresses. The first working group meeting was held in February 2007.
- Ann Bordelon, Vice-President of Real Estate Finance Wal-mart Stores, Inc. US
- Bill Bosco Consultant Leasing 101 US
- David Maxwell Director Classic Technology Limited UK
- David Trainer President New Constructs, LLC US
- George Yungmann Senior Vice President, Financial Standards National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts US
- Iain Robertson Manager Accounting Policy and Special Projects Canadian Pacific Railway Canada
- Jan Buisman Senior IFRS Technical Partner PricewaterhouseCoopers Sweden
- Jed Wrigley Director of International Accounting and Valuation Fidelity UK
- John Bober Managing Director GE Energy Financial Services US
- Kevin Davies Manager Technical Accounting Department Anglogold Ashanti Limited South Africa
- Mark Venus Finance Director BNP Paribas Lease Group France
- Neri Bukspan Managing Director Standard & Poor's Credit Market Services US
- Peter Kilgour Finance Director Swire Properties Limited HK
- Rich Jones Partner - National Office Ernst & Young US
- William W Solomon, Jr Senior Manager - Technical Accounting Boeing Capital Corporation US
- Thomas Gober, Professor, Berlin School of Economics (formerly of Daimler-Chrysler)
- European Financial Reporting Advisory Group (EFRAG)
- International Organisation of Securities Commissions (IOSCO)